POSTED Feb 08 2017
ADDP is a small, fast-paced non-profit trade organization that advocates for and provides trainings and events to over 130 disability agencies across Massachusetts. ADDP’s member agencies or disability providers offer services across the Commonwealth to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain injuries, and/or autism.
ADDP is seeking a highly organized Conference Assistant to become a part of its annual conference planning team. Over 850 attendees join ADDP’s conference, which is May 4, 2017 at the DCU Convention Center in Worcester, Massachusetts. The Conference Assistant, reports directly to the ADDP Director of Programs and Analysis.
The ideal candidate must be deadline-driven with prior experience in administration or assisting in events or trainings. The Conference Assistant must be someone who is organized and personable, capable of follow through on a wide variety of tasks/mini projects, and able to work independently or as a team. Ideal candidate will have an excellent work ethic, positive engaging attitude, and enjoy being a part of a team-focused environment committed to doing great work.
There are invaluable experiences the Conference Assistant will take away from his/her involvement:
1. Connection to a huge network of disability provider members and their senior leaders and other stakeholders across the Commonwealth,
2. Experience working in a non-profit,
3. Exposure to working on a team, and
4. Experience assisting in event planning.
This is a temporary 15-20 hour/week position starting March 6, 2017 and ending May 5, 2017. Candidate must be able to commit to entire work period. Work hours are to be completed between 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday – Friday at ADDP office in Framingham with the exception of working the day before the conference (about 5 hours) and day of conference (about 9 hours) in Worcester. Minimal travel is required. Must be able to sit for long periods of time and, when necessary, lift up to 15 pounds and move around frequently and quickly at event. There are no benefits attached to the temporary position.
· Act as liaison with graphic designer, PR firm, businesses, sponsors, speakers, award winners, and, at times, DCU center staff and caterer
· Edit stories/blurbs collected from speakers, award winners, and exhibitors
· Create and send notices and follow up messages to constituents
· Research quotes for products/services and finalize orders as needed
· Monitor personal work mail, voicemail and email related to conference
· Schedule meetings
· Track and order supplies when needed
· Create mail merges to print name tags, labels, and table placards
· Assist with conference program book
· Create lunch seating chart for 750 guests
· Create exhibitor BINGO card
· Create signs, including but not limited to sponsor and breakout session signage
· Create PowerPoint of award winner photos and other presentations as needed
· Track and note in shared document system when tasks are completed
· Assist in tracking event breakout session, award proposals, and sponsor materials
· Assist in packing and setting up event
· Serve as one of the point persons and assist with tasks assigned day of conference
· Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Desired:
· Superior organizational skills
· Great attention to detail
· Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks
· Deadline driven in fast paced environment
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituents
· Good basic writing skills and comfortable with word processing
· Must be comfortable with mail merge function in Microsoft Word and Excel
· Must have confidence to interact with conference attendees, presenters, vendors, external clients and consumers, and all levels of management
To apply, send resume to SarahFlynn@addp.org and include "Temp. Position Application" in the email subject heading. No callers please.