Manager of Member Services
POSTED Aug 14 2017
Association of Developmental Disabilities Providers
The Association of Developmental Disabilities Providers (ADDP) is a small, fast-paced non-profit trade organization that advocates for and provides trainings to over 135 disability agencies across Massachusetts. Our member agencies offer services across the Commonwealth to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and brain injuries.
The Manager of Member Services is a client relationship management and marketing communications role. The Manager should be an outstanding communicator with a track record of building and nurturing strong client relationships and working with and engaging with diverse executives and member agency staff.
This position reports directly to the Vice President. The overarching responsibilities and focus of this position is to plan and manage the organization’s membership initiatives and services; manage, develop and distribute external and marketing communications; support the CEO and VP; and coordinate with internal staff to support the organization’s mission, strategy and work priorities.
The Manager of Member Services oversees multiple facets of the agency’s member services including, but not limited to, serving, retaining and recruiting members. This position will be responsible for strengthening and enhancing ADDP’s relationships with its member base by engaging them and retaining them for the long term. ADDP’s goal is to have a dynamic relationship with all members so that they experience the full benefit of membership and keep abreast of a fast-changing industry. The Manager will also be responsible for all marketing/communications.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee and manage the Association member relationships including recruitment and retention.
- Serve as the liaison between ADDP and association members in matters relating to membership, issues, marketing communications.
- Develop innovative offerings and approaches for delivering value to and expanding member services and revenues.
- Analyze and synthesize membership information and research, as needed, for Vice President, CEO, Board, Committees and other constituents.
- Develop appropriate metrics and reports to inform decisions on new member services and trainings.
- Keep current and knowledgeable on member issues, topics and activity and maintain general awareness and understanding of member and sector issues, topics and activities.
- Support CEO’s and VP’s efforts to cultivate relationships with colleagues and developmental disability related professionals at state, federal levels and with ADDP members.
- Achieve specific revenue, member satisfaction, and retention goals.
- Implement and manage organization’s online communication strategy.
- Manage and oversee ADDP’s events and trainings.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 3 years’ experience in at least one of the following: client / customer relationship management, marketing communications, account management.
- Demonstrated ability to track, record and review member-related research and to synthesize information related to member services.
- A track record of producing high quality outcomes and results within given timeframes.
- Excellent qualitative and analytical skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal, social, verbal and communication skills and ability to interact with individuals at all levels.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to identify and source innovative solutions and solve issues.
- Strong technical skills, knowledge and experience with computer and web based applications including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), membership database platforms, web content management platforms, and social media platforms.
- A solid understanding of financial analysis and experience with basic budgeting.
- Experience delivering high level of customer care and service standards.
- Ability to anticipate client needs and proactively address issues with members.
- Thrive in a dynamic environment and can adjust priorities on-the-fly.
This is a Full Time 40 hour/week position. Primary work hours are 9am-5pm. However, individual is required to both work extended and flexible hours, as needed, depending on projects and events. Individual must be able to tolerate long meetings, drive own car (with mileage reimbursement) throughout state for meetings and events.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume in one document to the Search Manager and send to: email@example.com.
No phone calls will be accepted, and any inquiries to ADDP will result in elimination of the potential candidate.