Specialist, Public Affairs
POSTED Feb 01 2017
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
The Public Affairs Specialist will support the public affairs team and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts' strategic goals and objectives. The Public Affairs Specialist will assist in the execution of programs that build and leverage relationships in targeted communities in support of Public Affairs’ goals of advancing brand visibility, thought leadership, and supporting the business.
- Support the execution of a public affairs strategy responsive to community needs, aligned with the Company's strategic objectives, and one that protects and enhances our reputation
- Conduct research as directed to help identify community engagement opportunities that contribute to public affairs’ goals of brand visibility, business support, and thought leadership
- Maintain media lists, draft advisories and press releases, and pitch local media to net coverage for community events around the state
- Partner with peers in other business areas and within the division to source business information needed for briefings and execution of projects
- Track public affairs memberships, including dues cycles and recruitment of colleagues to attend key events.
- Draft plans for successful execution of community engagements including events, sponsorships and thought leadership opportunities led by public affairs
- Represent the company, as required, at community meetings and events
- Draft communications to support public affairs as needed (e.g. internal news articles, event briefings, talking points, presentations, memos, correspondence, etc.)
- Complete business requirements such as privacy training, performance goal setting, evaluations, and reporting.
- Complete administrative tasks for the public affairs team including mailings, data entry, and contributions processing.
- Excellent communications skills required.
- Experience with press and media outreach preferred.
- Positive attitude and the ability to build rapport and establish relationships
- Attention to detail and comfort in balancing multiple priorities
- Expertise with Microsoft Office including: Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
- Bachelor's degree or three to five year's of relevant work experience
- Project management experience a plus
- Ability to travel throughout the state regularly, and on occasion, with little notice
How to Apply:
Applications must be submitted through this link.