POSTED Feb 07 2017
Job Announcement –Community Affairs and Outreach Director
Purpose of position:
The Community Affairs and Outreach Director, working with the Executive Director, State Chair, party officers and elected officials, will oversee all grassroots outreach and operations of the state party. The Director is responsible for working with allied issue groups, State Committee Members, City, Ward and Town Committees. They will be responsible for maintaining and developing strong community relationships and for community related party affairs such as the delegate selection process to the state convention annually and any other special caucuses called for special elections or national conventions. The Director must maintain strong networks and invite organizing principles to win elections for Democrats in a complex, competitive political environment.
• Represent core constituency groups on a staff level in party affairs.
• Maintain and expand relationships and representation of communities of color.
• Serve as the main point of contact of the Massachusetts Democratic Party (MDP) for City, Ward and Town Committee Chairs, grassroots activists and allied issues groups.
• Conduct a monthly call of MDP Members and Chairs by congressional district by coordinating MDP staff, congressional staff and other stakeholders while driving the agenda for each call.
• Lead the MDP office volunteers and interns. Provide them with daily oversight and guidance. Develop recruitment to have a robust volunteer and intern program. Manage a summer intern program for high school and college students.
• Manage the MDP training programs. Working with the ED, develop grassroots trainings, the Democratic Campaign Institute and the materials necessary to make them successful.
• Find, collect and share national and state resources for training for our membership.
• Identify and maximize on opportunities to partner with allied groups on issues in the Democratic Platform.
• Facilitate good communication between party leaders and grassroots activists.
• Attend Democratic State Committee sub-committee meetings as needed.
• Experience in a grassroots, field or operations position inside a political campaign, public sector, non-profit, private industry and/or trade association.
• Ability to juggle multiple roles and responsibilities.
• Enjoys driving and traveling in Massachusetts.
• Track record of bringing creative solutions to the job.
No person shall be discriminated against in seeking employment with the Massachusetts Democratic Party because of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, height, weight, creed, sexual orientation, economic status or disability.
Salary is commensurate with experience and in the range of $37,500 to $40,000, plus benefits. Please submit a cover letter and one page resume to http://bit.ly/MDPresumes no later than 5:00 PM on February 23, 2017.