POSTED Apr 21 2017
The Massachusetts Nonprofit Network (MNN) is the voice of the nonprofit sector in Massachusetts. MNN is the statewide organization dedicated to supporting the nonprofit sector through advocacy, public awareness, and capacity building. MNN understands that strong nonprofits build strong communities.
MNN includes more than 750 member organizations, representing every part of Massachusetts—from the Berkshires to the Cape.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator plays an integral role in promoting the nonprofit sector in Massachusetts, as well as MNN and its members. The Coordinator will lead MNN’s marketing and communications initiatives, which support every aspect of the organization’s work.
• 89 South Street, Suite 603, Boston, MA 02111 (one block from South Station)
• Chief Executive Officer
• Lead the development and execution of communications strategies that strengthen MNN’s presence with key constituencies, including members, prospective members, supporters, the media, government leaders, and civic leaders.
• Execute MNN’s digital marketing strategy, including the production of electronic newsletters each month, the coordination of regular emails to various audiences, and the growth of MNN’s subscriber lists.
• Drive marketing and communications initiatives to raise awareness of the nonprofit sector and enhance MNN’s brand across key stakeholder audiences.
• Cultivate and manage press relationships to ensure coverage of issues of strategic importance to the nonprofit sector, as well as of MNN’s programs, publications, and other projects.
• Manage MNN’s web presence by driving website strategies for presentation, access, and navigation. Support the development of web materials by collecting information and coordinating web tools. Create primary landing pages and microsites for key events and initiatives.
• Manage event promotion and help drive attendance for a variety of events including webinars, in-person trainings, meetings, and MNN’s signature events throughout the year.
• Develop print and branded materials for the organization.
• Compile content and increase audience engagement on MNN’s social media channels.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, marketing, journalism, or political science.
• 1-3 years of experience, preferably in a communications role.
• Strong written communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Experience with digital marketing and communications metrics preferred.
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and with web design (e.g., WordPress) preferred.
• Ability to take initiative and work independently.
• Strong work ethic and a desire to “get the job done”.
• Ability to prioritize and follow through to meet deadlines.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please contact Natasha Terhorst at (617) 330-1188 ext. 285 or email@example.com.