POSTED Feb 17 2017
Position Summary: Reporting to the Frontline and Organizing Staff Director, the Massachusetts Lead Organizer leads the Massachusetts organizing efforts for Mothers Out Front, implementing an organizing framework to develop a diverse and powerful movement of mothers. This movement will develop and implement community and state-based campaigns, in the context of a national organizing effort, that move decision-makers to enact a swift, complete, and just transition away from fossil fuels to clean renewable energy.
About Mothers Out Front: Mothers Out Front is building a diverse national movement of mothers, grandmothers, and caregivers dedicated to convincing elected officials and business leaders to work aggressively for a swift, complete, and just transition away from fossil fuels to clean and renewable energy. Our goal is simple: to enable mothers to take active leadership in protecting their children, by providing the structure, training, and tools for them to work together on campaigns in their communities and at the statewide level. We are a volunteer-led, national organization, with an annual operating budget of $1.8M and 15 staff working in 3 states. Founded in 2013, the organization has experienced rapid growth and has plans for continued expansion.
Work with the volunteer Massachusetts Leadership Team to manage the system of organizing work for Mothers Out Front statewide.
Collaborate with Mothers Out Front Organizing staff and volunteers working nationally to develop and implement our framework consistently and effectively across states and communities as we grow.
Support the growth and development of the organization as a whole through mentoring of staff, supporting staff-wide initiatives, and building a strong and supportive organization that reflects the values of our movement
● Strong experience in organizing and movement building that includes effective leadership development
● Co-Collaborative leadership and management style
● 5+ years experience managing staff including demonstrated success in staff retention
● Demonstrated success in working with volunteers to achieve a goal
● Cross-cultural competency
● Experienced at active and reflective listening Excellent verbal and written communication skills, flexible and creative thinking
● Ability to clearly explain practical application of theoretical organizing concepts and frameworks
● Comfort with ambiguity, ability to manage multiple priorities and a desire to learn
● An ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, campaign- like environment
● Enjoy and have the ability to work in teams
● An ability to sometimes work evenings and weekends
● A strong commitment to address climate change
● Ability to see a big vision and connect it to the daily details
Serious applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Women, people of color, LGBTQs, and members of other historically disenfranchised groups are especially welcome and encouraged to apply.
Mothers Out Front is also hiring for a Database Administrator. Please visit http://www.mothersoutfront.org/database_administrator_20170215 to view the Database Administrator job posting and apply.