POSTED Mar 13 2017
Seth Moulton for Congress
Job posting closes 3/24
Seth Moulton for Congress is seeking candidates for the position of Digital Director. We’re looking for a self-starter in the Boston or Washington, D.C. area who is energized by digital and social media to handle the day to day efforts for Congressman Seth Moulton’s campaign. The Digital Director will lead our efforts to produce compelling content and distribute it in innovative ways. They will have support from other staff, including a marketing and design agency and the chief of digital, to help with strategy and execution.
Requirements: These are flexible, but the ideal candidates will possess:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience in marketing or digital communications
- Previous experience in digital marketing, product marketing, and/or social media management preferred
- Excellent written communication skills
- Detail oriented – this job requires lots of tasks to be accomplished
- Self-motivated. We are a small, high-performing team.
- Service-minded. We are a team of people who believe in the value of service.
- Must be able to work full-time, and often during off hours, like nights and weekends, depending on campaign needs.
Responsibilities and Helpful Experience
- Proficiency in Content Management Systems (like Wordpress). The Digital Director will be responsible for updating website content, creating new posts and pages, and uploading images.
- Social Media savvy. Proficiency in Social Media platforms, particularly Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. The Digital Director will draft, craft proofread and post directly to campaign social media accounts. They must help us find innovative ways to get our messages out.
- Email Marketing is a big part of this job. The Digital Director will help tailor emails to groups of supporters, creatively finding ways to help communicate our message, and optimizing delivery.
- Database Management: The Digital Director will be responsible for managing our supporter database, including importing and exporting of data, segmentation, reporting, and ensuring that all data is being managed systematically and optimally. This requires coordination with finance, field, communications and operations activities.
- Creativity. Communicating Seth’s message, and cutting through the noise, requires finding and deploying creative approaches. The Digital Director will be at the center of that discussion, and will play a crucial role in finding ways to do just that.
- Campaign management. The Digital Director will be responsible for turning campaign strategies and ideas into digital campaigns, so being detail oriented and on top of task management (and knowing when to delegate) is important.
- Digital marketing experience. The Digital Director be updating and managing digital ad campaigns on platforms like Google, Facebook, etc. That requires creating A/B tests for ads, wording, images and donation landing pages, tracking results, and implementing optimizations in an ongoing manner.
- Reporting: The Digital Director will create regular reports on efforts. Being able to analyze data, present it coherently, and thoughtfully recommend strategies based on results is helpful.
- Design Sense: We are not necessarily seeking a graphic designer, but applicants should know when and where one is needed and know what works for a particular brand and what doesn’t. Of course, advanced design ability is welcome.
- Bonus skills: HTML/CSS, Adobe Creative Suite. We do a lot of custom graphics. The Digital Director will need to be able to update existing graphic templates, so it would be helpful to have some familiarity or proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, HTML, etc.
Starting Salary: Salary commensurate with experience.
Period: Start: [March 2017]