Member Outreach Coordinator
POSTED Jan 05 2018
The Massachusetts Organization of State Engineers & Scientists (MOSES)
Position Overview: MOSES is a public-sector labor union representing approximately 3,300 engineers, scientists and professional employees. MOSES represented employees perform a broad range of functions in Commonwealth Executive Branch agencies and independent authorities, including the Department of Transportation, Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs, the State Police Crime Lab, Department of Public Health and the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority (MWRA).
This position will be responsible for a broad range of internal programs involving membership maintenance and member engagement.
- · Develop and oversee membership outreach program.
- · Process new members into the organization. Work with members, Commonwealth agencies, stewards and Board of Directors to on-board each new member making them aware of the union’s benefits and mission.
- · Communicate with current, retired and new MOSES members by building individual relationships across the membership.
- · Develop year-long strategic marketing and communication plan for new and retired MOSES members.
- · Provide guidance to stewards and Board members on effective membership outreach and identify leaders within the organization.
- · Assist with organizing activities that engage the membership and further the goals of the union.
- · Create leaflets, fliers and pamphlets for new members and union activities.
- · Oversee membership maintenance, including updated dues authorization and maintaining member database.
- · Communicate with staff, members and communication personnel to update website as needed.
- · Advance MOSES’ social media presence—develop and implement a strategy for regular postings and updates.
- · Work with staff and members to produce and distribute membership newsletter.
- · Bachelor Degree required.
- · Demonstrated experience in organizing, outreach and recruitment in a union or other non-profit setting.
- · Excellent communicator who is a self-starter, and willing to go outside of the office to network with our members.
- · Candidate must be computer savvy and have expertise in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.).
- · Must be well organized, have multitasking skills, and maintain a positive attitude even under stressful situations.
- · Demonstrated experience in developing communication strategies, on-boarding and public relations.
- · Ability to work with union leaders and members to maintain membership and furtherance of union goals.
- · Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- · A valid Class D Massachusetts (or equivalent) Driver’s license.
- · Proficiency in Social Media programs such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Hootsuite and Constant Contact.
Qualified candidates may apply with cover letter and resume to: email@example.com or MOSES, 90 North Washington Street – Suite 3, Boston, MA 02114
Email applications preferred.