POSTED Jan 13 2017
Are you a skillful networker and a passionate ambassador able to attract new individual gifts? A leader who is seeking an opportunity to lead an exciting growth plan, including high-level corporate giving? This is an opportunity for an experienced fundraiser and manager to work in a nationally-recognized nonprofit organization with a growing evidence base of accomplished outcomes for young adults with past gang and criminal involvement. UTEC needs you to step into our successful and evolving agency to continue our substantial growth in both services and funding, as part of the leadership team that sustains the agency’s $5M+ budget.
This position will work directly with our Executive Director, an eager and effective fundraiser. You will be expected to build a personal portfolio and make direct asks for significant donations. You will also prepare the Executive Director for his individual asks and support other leadership staff in managing their own portfolios.
This position is ideal if you desire to work within a dynamic, innovative organization and with compassionate, driven colleagues. Based on experience and performance, this position has continued growth opportunity, with potential evolution to a Chief Development Officer role.
* Manage all strategies for donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
* Steward relationships with a portfolio of individual donors, corporations, and selected funders
* Directly supervise 2-3 FT staff, and oversee volunteer and internship opportunities
* Oversee portfolio management by the Executive Director and other leadership staff
* Make face-to-face asks of donors; prepare Executive Director and other leadership staff for direct asks
* Execute a schedule of monthly or more cultivation and fundraising events, with supervised staff
* Help build the capacity of UTEC’s Board of Directors to identify and invite new donors
* Provide direction on the use of Salesforce, our CRM managed by the Database Manager
* Collaborate with the Assoc. Director of Develop. on donor communications/agency-wide marketing efforts
* Work closely with Chief Finance Officer to best integrate systems (development/finance)
* A minimum of 5-7 years of fundraising experience, including staff supervision
* Proven experience in designing and managing a variety of fundraising campaigns
* Experience with developing and maintaining productive working relationships with board members, donors, and co-workers at all levels
* Capacity to work effectively in a fast environment with evolving priorities, both as a leader/part of a team
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some night and weekend events
* Healthy sense of humor, and an ability to have fun while working hard
* Attention to detail a must!
* Commitment to social justice and a passion for serving our young people is essential
* Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
COMPENSATION: Annual salary commensurate with experience, 3 weeks of vacation to start, paid holidays and sick/personal time, health and dental (50-85% subsidized). UTEC is also prepared to offer the right candidate professional coaching and support in advanced managerial and fundraising approaches.
TO APPLY: In one PDF document, please send both your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Director of Development” in the subject line. No calls, please. Not all applications will receive responses.
ABOUT: UTEC is dedicated to helping young people overcome the very real challenges of poverty, gang involvement, unemployment, and cultural barriers that are pervasive in their community. Based in Lowell, MA, UTEC uses a proven model to create success and better futures for our young people, and ultimately, for all of us. More at www.utec-lowell.org