POSTED Oct 02 2017
UTEC is looking for a committed professional dedicated to organizational learning and growth. This person will be responsible for the continued development of UTEC’s evaluation processes. The Director will assume full responsibility to ensure that a consistent culture of reflection and learning exists throughout the agency so that data can best inform and strengthen the quality of our programming. Additionally, based on one’s experience, this key senior staff positon may also closely collaborate on policy opportunities related to our work.
Organization Background: UTEC is a youth-serving agency in Lowell, MA. Our promise is to ignite and nurture the ambition of Lowell’s most disengaged young people to help them trade violence and poverty for social and economic success. For more info, please visit our website at www.utec-lowell.org Responsibilities of Position:
● Lead all efforts in terms of the continued design and management of our internal performance measurement work (note: we currently use Efforts To Outcomes database)
● Analyze all indicators and outcomes to help leadership team make appropriate strategic and programmatic decisions.
● Work with program directors to ensure that all data is correctly gathered and inputted on a regular schedule by all programming staff
● Implement any other necessary evaluation methods as appropriate (e.g., personal development assessment surveys, focus groups, photo journaling, etc.)
● Research best practice implications based on evaluation findings
● Develop partnerships with external evaluators (e.g., university research partners) and other organizations that can help advance our evaluation and research capacities, serving as the liaison with such collaborators
● Conduct research and help develop recommendations related to various policy opportunities aimed at improving outcomes for our young adults.
● Translate and disseminate evaluation results (e.g., writing policy briefs and publications) to help shift policy discussions based on promising and best practices revealed
● Lead the process of scheduling all regular trainings for staff (both adult and youth), as well as facilitating various trainings
● Enhance and facilitate the staff evaluation process, including drafting outcomes-based job descriptions
● Supervise a Data & Evaluation Analyst and a Sorenson Impact Fellow
● Prior background in evaluation work required
● Excellent oral and writing skills and incredibly well-organized
● Capacity to work independently and ability to multi-task and adapt to a changing environment
● MA preferred/BA accepted with significant community/work experience
● Strong leadership & facilitation skills
● Ability to laugh at oneself a must
● Experience in youth development or non-profit settings a plus
● Previous experience with Efforts to Outcomes a plus, but not necessary
Salary/Benefits: Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include health and dental (50-85% subsidized), 3 weeks paid vacation, and paid sick/personal time.
To Apply: All candidates must send a resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com. Please type “Evaluation Director” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Please no phone calls or email regarding this position.